In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lledrod like this:
LLANFIHANGEL-LLEDROD, or LLANFIHANGELLLETHYR-TROED, a parish in Tregaron district, Cardigan; on the river Ystwith, near a railway which was in course of formation in 18 66 from the Central Wales line to Aberystwith, and 7 miles NNW of Tregaron. It contains a village of its own name, and is divided into the townships of Lower Lledrod and Upper Lledrod; and its Post town is Aberystwith. Acres, 8, 69 2. Real property., £3,486. Pop., 1,125. Houses, 239. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Crown. Ffos-yBleddeiad was a seat of the Lloyds, and is now a farmhouse. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £112. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church contains a monument to the poet Evan Evans, author of "Specimens of the Welsh Bards; ''and was recently in disrepair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lledrod has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lledrod and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lledrod, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lledrod".