Place:


Llechylched  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llechylched like this:

LLECHYLCHED, a parish with a village in the district and county of Anglesey; near the Chester and Holyhead railway, 3 miles ESE of Valley r. station, and 4¼ NNW of Aberffraw. Post town, Gwindy, under Llangefni, Anglesey. Acres, 1,783. Real property, £1,719. Pop., 635. Houses, 144. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanbeulan, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Ilched, and was reported in 1859 as needing repair, and not used.

Llechylched through time

Llechylched is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llechylched itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llechylched in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6689

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llechylched ".