Place:


Llan Y Wern  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Y Wern like this:

LLANYWERN, a parish in the district and county of Brecon; near the Hereford and Brecon railway, 3½ miles E of Brecon. Post town, Brecon. Acres, 1,430. Real property, £1,942. Pop., 139. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to Bernard Newmarch, and was given by him to Brecon priory. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £81. Patron, the Bishop of StDavid's. The church is dilapidated.

Llan Y Wern through time

Llan Y Wern is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llan Y Wern itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Y Wern, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6678

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llan Y Wern ".