Place:


Llanllyr  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanllyr like this:

LLANYRE, or LLANHIR, a village and a parish in Rhayader district, Radnor. The village stands on the Roman road from Caerfagu to Builth, between the rivers Ithon and Wye, 6½ miles SE of Rhayader r. station. The parish is divided into the townships of Kilgee and Trawscoed; and its Post town is Rhayader. Acres, 5,901. Real property, £2,785. Pop., 744. Houses, 141. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Llanfihangel-Helygen, in the diocese of St. David's.

Llanllyr through time

Llanllyr is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanllyr itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanllyr, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6675

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanllyr ".