Place:


Llanynghenedl  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanynghenedl like this:

LLANYNGHENEDL, a parish in the district and county of Anglesey; near Holyhead bay, 2¼ miles N of Valley r. station, and &hg E by S of Holyhead. Posttown, Holyhead. Acres, 2,965; of which 605 are water. Real property, £1,965. Pop., 427. Houses, 77. Most of the land is cultivated. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanfachreth, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Enghenel; and is an old edifice, on the site of one of the 7th century

Llanynghenedl through time

Llanynghenedl is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanynghenedl itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanynghenedl in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6668

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanynghenedl ".