In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanybydder like this:
LLANYBYTHER, a village, a parish, and sub-district, in the district of Lampeter and county of Carmarthen. The village stands on the river Teifi, at the boundary with Cardigan, near the Sarn Helen way, and near the Lampeter and Carmarthen railway, 4½ miles SW of Lampeter; is a resort of anglers; and has a post office under Carmarthen, and fairs on 17 July and 1 and 21 Nov. The parish contains also the villages of Abergorlech, Glanduar, Porthyryd, and Tynyfford. Acres, 10,031. Real property, £3,140. ...
Pop., 1,131. Houses, 263. The surface is hilly. A bridge here crosses the Teifi. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £117.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The p. curacy of Abergorlech is a separate benefice. There is an Independent chapel.The sub-district contains also two other parishes. Acres, 25,667. Pop., 2,541. Houses, 590.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanybydder has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanybydder and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanybydder in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanybydder".