Place:


Llanwrda  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanwrda like this:

LLANWRDA, a village and a parish in Llandovery district, Carmarthen. The village stands near the Central Wales railway, 4¼ miles SW of Llandovery; and has a post office under Carmarthen, and a r. station. The parish comprises 4,441 acres. Real property, £3,120. Pop., 611. Houses, 118. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llansadwrn, in the diocese of St. David's. The church was recently in disrepair. The parish shares in the charities of Llansadwrn.

Llanwrda through time

Llanwrda is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanwrda itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanwrda in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6655

Date accessed: 23rd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanwrda ".