In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanwnnen like this:
LLANWNEN, a parish in Lampeter district, Cardigan; near the influx of the river Granell to the Teifi, 3 miles W by S of Lampeter r. station. It has a postoffice under Carmarthen, and fairs on 24 March and 13 Dec. Acres, 2,480. Real property, £1,316. Pop., 344. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. Llwyn-y-Groes is a chief residence. Remains of an old fort are at Castell-Du. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Silian, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £102. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Gwynin, and is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanwnnen, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanwnnen ".