Place:


Llanwinio  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanwinio like this:

LLANWINIO, a village and a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen. The village stands near the source of the Afon Cynin, an affluent of the Taff, 8 miles W of Conwil r. station, and 11 NW by W of Carmarthen; and has a fair on 12 Nov. The parish comprises 7,619 acres; and its Post town is Carmarthen. ...


Real property, £3,932. Pop. in 1851,1,014; in 1861,944. Houses, 207. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £83. Patron, W. Howell, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Gwyno, and is good. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.

Llanwinio through time

Llanwinio is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanwinio itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanwinio in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6651

Date accessed: 20th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanwinio ".