In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanwenog like this:
LLANWENOG, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Lampeter district, Cardigan. The village stands on an affluent of the river Teifi, near the boundary with Carmarthen, 6 miles WSW of Lampeter r. station; is a considerable place; and has a fair on 14 Jan. The parish contains also the village of Cwrt or Court; and its Post town is Lampeter, under Carmarthen. Acres, 10,720. Real property, £4,374. Pop., 1,521. Houses, 333. High Mead and Llanvaughan are chief residences. An ancient camp is at Ty-Cam; and there are some barrows. A battle was fought here, in 981, between Hywel ab Jenaf and Einon ab Owain. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £138 Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Gwnog, and has a tower.The sub-district contains also Llanwnen parish, and comprises 13,200 acres. Pop., 1,865. Houses, 394.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanwenog has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanwenog and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanwenog, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanwenog".