Place:


Cranham  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cranham like this:

CRANHAM, a parish in Romford district, Essex; 3½ miles NE of Rainham r. station, and 4¼ SE by E of Romford. Post town, Upminster, under Romford, Lon. don, E. Acres, 1,875. Real property, £3, 184. Pop., 385. Houses, 76. The property is much subdivided. Cranham Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £560.* Patron, St. John's College, Oxford. The church is good.

Cranham through time

Cranham is now part of Havering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Havering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cranham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cranham, in Havering and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6647

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cranham ".