Place:


Llantwyd  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llantwyd like this:

LLANTOOD, or LLANTYD, a parish in the district of Cardigan and county of Pembroke; 3 miles SSW of Cardigan r. station. Post town, Cardigan. Acres, 1,792. Real property, £1,306. Pop., 264. Houses, 61. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of St. Dogmael, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd.

Llantwyd through time

Llantwyd is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llantwyd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llantwyd in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6639

Date accessed: 12th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llantwyd ".