Place:


Llanstinan  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanstinan like this:

LLANSTINAN, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the West Cleddan river, 2 miles S of Fishguard, and 11½ NW of Clarbeston Road r. station. Posttown, Fishguard, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1,579. Real property, £1,332. Pop., 174. Houses, 36. The property is divided among a few. Llanstinan House belonged to the Symmonses, passed to the Owens, and was recently restored. The liv ing is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £100.* Patron, Col. Owen. The church is dedicated to St. Justinian, and was restored in 1869.

Llanstinan through time

Llanstinan is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanstinan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanstinan in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6632

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanstinan ".