Place:


Llansteffan  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llansteffan like this:

LLANSTEPHAN, a parish in the district of Hay and county of Radnor; on the rivers Bachwy and Wye, at the boundary with Brecon, near Erwood and Boughrood r. stations, 7 miles SE of Builth. Post town, Hay, under Hereford. Acres, 2,407. Real property, £1,746. Pop., 231. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £67. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church was reported in 1859 as not good. Charities, £8.

Llansteffan through time

Llansteffan is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llansteffan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llansteffan, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6631

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llansteffan ".