Place:


Llansanwyr  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llansanwyr like this:

LLANSANNOR, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; on the river Sannor, 2 miles N of Cowbridge r. station. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 1,798. Real property, £1,513. Pop., 197. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. Llansannor House is now a farm-house. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £105.* Patron, Sir J. Bailey, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Senewyr, and is not very good.

Llansanwyr through time

Llansanwyr is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llansanwyr itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llansanwyr in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6624

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llansanwyr ".