In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llansanffraid Glan Conway like this:
LLANSAINTFFRAID-GLAN-CONWAY, or DISERTH, a village and a parish in the district of Conway, and county of Denbigh. The village stands on the river Conway and on the Llanrwst railway, at the boundary with Carnarvon, 1 mile S of Llandudno-Junction r. station, and 2 SE by E of Conway; is a considerable place; and has a post office, of the name of Llansaintffraid, under Conway, and fairs on 14 Feb., 1 May, 1 Aug. ...
and 1 Nov. The parish consists of the townships of Llan, Dennant, Trallwyn, and Tre-Bwll. Acres, 5,726; of which 705 are water. Real property, £4,391. Pop., 1,304. Houses, 307. The property is divided among a few. A mineral spring is at Bryn-y-Pobty; and a cromlech is near Hendrewaelod. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £240.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is good; and there is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
Llansanffraid Glan Conway is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llansanffraid Glan Conway itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llansanffraid Glan Conway, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llansanffraid Glan Conway ".