In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanrhuddlad like this:
LLANRHYDDLAD, a parish, with a fishing village, in the district and county of Anglesey; on Holyhead bay, 5½ miles by water NE of Holyhead, and 7½ N of Valley r. station. Post town, Holyhead. Acres, 2,679; of which 94 are water. Real property, £2,301. Pop., 790. Houses, 181. Moel Rhyddlad is a prominent hill. Copper and manganese ores are found. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Llanfflewyn and Llanrhwydrys, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £530. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Rhyddlad. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £29. Speaker Williams was a native, and his father was rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanrhuddlad has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanrhuddlad and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanrhuddlad in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanrhuddlad".