Place:


Llanrheithan  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanrheithan like this:

LLANRITHAN, or LLANRHIDIAN, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the river Solva, 7½ miles NE by E of St. David's, and 11 NW of Haverfordwest r. station. Post town, Solva, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1,719. Real property, £1,307. Pop., 188. Houses, 36. The land is fertile. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £86. Patrons, the Vicars Choral of St. David's.

Llanrheithan through time

Llanrheithan is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanrheithan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanrheithan in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6603

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanrheithan ".