Place:


Llanpumsaint  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanpumsaint like this:

LLANPUMPSAINT, a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen; on the Carmarthen and Cardigan railway, 6½ miles N of Carmarthen. It has a station on the railway; and its Post town is Carmarthen. Acres, 4,079. Real property, £2,464. Pop., 543. Houses, 120. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Llanllawddog, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to five saints, and was recently in disrepair. The name Llanpumpsaint signifies ' ' a church of five saints. ''

Llanpumsaint through time

Llanpumsaint is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanpumsaint itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanpumsaint in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6597

Date accessed: 24th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanpumsaint ".