Place:


Llannor  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llannor like this:

LLANNOR, a parish, with a Village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 3 miles NW of Pwllheli r. station, and 4 ESE of Nevin. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 5,553. Real property, £5,197. Pop. in 1851,1,117; in 1861,1,023. Houses, 233. Bodgroes belonged to the Glynnes, and passed to the Griffiths. ...


There are some inscribed stones of the 6th century. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Denio or Pwllheli, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £195. * Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is ancient. There are two Calvinistic Methodist chapels, a national school, and charities £14.

Llannor through time

Llannor is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llannor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llannor, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6595

Date accessed: 16th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llannor ".