Place:


Llannerch Aeron  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llannerch Aeron like this:

LLANERCHAYRON, a parish in Aberayron district, Cardigan; on the river Ayron, 2 miles SE of Aberayron, and 11 NW of Lampeter r. station. Post town, Aber ayron, under Carmarthen. Acres, 1,606. Real property, £988. Pop., 228. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. Llanerchayron House belonged to the Parrys, and passed to the Lewises. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £73. Patrons, the Earl of Lisburne and the Lewis family. The church is tolerable.

Llannerch Aeron through time

Llannerch Aeron is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llannerch Aeron itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llannerch Aeron, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6591

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llannerch Aeron ".