Place:


Llanllwni  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanllwni like this:

LLANLLWNY, a parish, with a village, in the district of Lampeter and county of Carmarthen; on the river Teifi, at the boundary with Cardigan, 9 miles SW of Lampeter r. station. Post town, Carmarthen. Acres, 6,624. Real property, £2,583. Pop., 776. Houses, 181. The property is much subdivided. ...


Maes Criggie and Perthyberllan are chief residences. Monastic houses were at Maes Nonny and Hen Briordy; and a barrow is at Y Castell. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Llanfihangel-Rhosycorn, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £103.* Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Llonio, and was recently in disrepair.

Llanllwni through time

Llanllwni is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanllwni itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanllwni in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6579

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanllwni ".