In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanllwchaearn like this:
LLANLLWCHAIARN, a parishin Aberayron district, Cardigan; on the coast, at New Quay bay, 5½ miles SW of Aberayron, and 15 NNE of Newcastle-Emlyn r. station. It contains the seaport village of New Quay, which has a post office under Carmarthen. Acres, 3,249; of which 68 are water. Real property, £2,818. Pop., in 1851,1,738; in 1861,1,976. Houses, 471. The property is divided among a few. Many of the inhabitants are employed in fishing. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £256.* Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Llwchaiarn; was rebuilt in 1865, at a cost of £1,100; and is in the decorated English style, with 200 sittings.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanllwchaearn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanllwchaearn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanllwchaearn, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanllwchaearn".