Place:


Buttsbury  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buttsbury like this:

BUTTSBURY, a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; on the river Wid and on the Eastern Counties railway, 1½ mile SE of Ingatestone r. station, and 6½ SSW of Chelmsford. Post Town, Ingatestone. Acres, 2,116. Rated property, £2,079. Pop., 531. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Ingatestone, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is good.

Buttsbury through time

Buttsbury is now part of Chelmsford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chelmsford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buttsbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buttsbury, in Chelmsford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6566

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buttsbury ".