Place:


Bradfield  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradfield like this:

BRADFIELD, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; on the estuary of the Stour, and on the Harwich branch of the Eastern Union railway, 3 miles E by S of Manningtree. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Manningtree. Acres, 2,719; of which 600 are water. Real property, £5,027. Pop., 914. Houses, 212. The property is subdivided. Bradfield Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Mistley, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is good. Speaker Grimston, of the time of Charle IIS., was a native.

Bradfield through time

Bradfield is now part of Tendring district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tendring has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradfield, in Tendring and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6550

Date accessed: 17th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradfield ".