In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Borley like this:
BORLEY, a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; on the verge of the county, at the river Stour, 2¼ miles NW of Sudbury r. station. Post Town, Sudbury. Acres, 776. Real property, £1,694. Pop., 190. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £240.* Patron, the Rev. Edward Bull. The church stands on a rising-ground; contains a monument to Sir Edward Waldegrave, master of the wardrobe to Queen Mary; and is very good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Borley, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Borley ".