Place:


Wickhambreaux  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wickhambreaux like this:

WICKHAMBREUX, a parish, with a village, in Bridge district, Kent; 2½ miles NE of Bekesbourne r. station, and 4½ E by N of Canterbury. It has a post-office under Sandwich. Acres, 2,310. Real property, £5,647. Pop., 461. Houses, 106. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £790.* Patron, Admiral G. H. D'Aeth. The church is good; and there are a parochial school and charities £8.

Wickhambreaux through time

Wickhambreaux is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wickhambreaux itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wickhambreaux, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6507

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wickhambreaux ".