Place:


Wormshill  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wormshill like this:

WORMSHILL, a parish in Hollingbourn district, Kent; 5 miles S by W of Sittingbourne r. station. It has a post-office under Sittingbourne. Acres, 1,467. Real property, £1,295. Pop., 253. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £260.* Patron, Christ's Hospital, London. The church is plain. Charities, £12.

Wormshill through time

Wormshill is now part of Maidstone district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maidstone has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wormshill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wormshill, in Maidstone and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6500

Date accessed: 19th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wormshill ".