Place:


Llanio  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanio like this:

LLANIO, a township in Llanddewi-brefi parish, Cardigan; on the river Teifi, and the Sarn Helen way, 2 miles SW of Tregaron. Acres, 1,228. Pop., 122. Houses, 19. The Roman station Loventium was here; and Roman inscriptions, coins, bricks, and pottery have been found. Foundations of an ancient building, 150 feet by 72, were discovered in a field called Caer-Castell.

Llanio through time

Llanio is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanio itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanio, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6498

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanio ".