Place:


Womenswold  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Womenswold like this:

WOMENSWOULD, a parish in Bridge district, Kent; 2½ miles S of Adisham r. station, and 7 SE of Canterbury. Post town, Canterbury. Acres, 1,010. Real property, £1,267. Pop., 276. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Archbishop. The church is good.

Womenswold through time

Womenswold is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Womenswold itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Womenswold, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6490

Date accessed: 24th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Womenswold ".