Place:


Llanhywel  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanhywel like this:

LLANHOWELL, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; 4½ miles NE by E of St. David's, and 12 NW of Haverfordwest r. station. Post town, Llandeloy, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1,381. Real property, £1,016. Pop., 184. Houses, 37. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Llandeloy, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Hoel, and is good.

Llanhywel through time

Llanhywel is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanhywel itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanhywel in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6484

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanhywel ".