Place:


Llanhari  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanhari like this:

LLANHARY, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; 3¼ miles SW of Llantrissant r. station, and 4 N of Cowbridge. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 1,554. Real property, £2,962; of which £1,600 are in mines. Pop., 275. Houses, 63. The property is much subdivided. Coal is worked; and a stratum of ironstone, 5 feet thick, and accompanied with remains of Roman workings, was recently discovered. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £120.* Patron, Mrs. B. Jenkins. The church is dedicated to St. Aran, and was reported in 1859 as bad. Charities, £10.

Llanhari through time

Llanhari is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanhari itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanhari, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6476

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanhari ".