Place:


Llanharan  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanharan like this:

LLANHARAN, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; on the river Ewenny and on the South Wales railway, 3 miles WNW of Llantrissant r. station, and 7¼ NE by E of Bridgend. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 3,050. Real property, £1,835. Pop., 299Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. ...


Llanharan House is a chief residence. Coal, limestone, iron, and lead are found. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanilid, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church was rebuilt in 1860; is in the geometric decorated style; and consists of nave and chancel, with vestry and bell-turret. Charities, £10.

Llanharan through time

Llanharan is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanharan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanharan, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6474

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanharan ".