Place:


Westbere  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westbere like this:

WESTBERE, a parish in Blean district, Kent; 1 mile ENE of Sturry r. station, and 3½ NE by E of Canterbury. Post town, Canterbury. Acres, 1,185. Real property, £2,481. Pop., 220. Houses, 44. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £223.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Westbere through time

Westbere is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westbere itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westbere, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6473

Date accessed: 15th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westbere ".