Place:


Warden  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warden like this:

WARDEN, a parish in Sheppey district, Kent; on the coast, 7 miles E of Queensborough r. station. Post town, Queensborough, under Sheerness. Acres, 796; of which 540 are water. Real property, £505. Pop., 47. Houses, 8. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £70. Patron, V. B. Simpson, Esq.

Warden through time

Warden is now part of Swale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warden, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6468

Date accessed: 19th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warden ".