Place:


Waldershare  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waldershare like this:

WALDERSHARE, a parish in Eastry district, Kent; 2¾ miles E of Shepherds-Well r. station, and 5 NNW of Dover. Post town, Dover. Acres, 1,242. Real property, £1,638. Pop., 104. Houses, 15. The manor belonged to the Malmaynes; passed to the Monyns, the Furneses, and Lord North; and, with W. ...


Park, belongs now to the Earl of Guildford. The mansion was built, in the time of William III., by Sir H. Furnese; and the grounds are extensive, and contain a monumental tower which commands a view to the coast of France. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £133.* Patron, the Earl of Guildford. The church is ivy-clad.

Waldershare through time

Waldershare is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waldershare itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waldershare, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6465

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waldershare ".