Place:


Llangynog  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangynog like this:

LLANGYNOG, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; under Mynydd-Epynt mountains, 3½ miles S by E of Builth r. station. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 1,429. Real property, £363. Pop., 51. Houses, 11. The surface is hilly. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £69. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Cynog.

Llangynog through time

Llangynog is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangynog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangynog, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6459

Date accessed: 11th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangynog ".