Place:


Llangynin  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangynin like this:

LLANGINNING, a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen; on the river Cynin, near the river Taf, and on the South Wales railway, 2½ miles W of St. Clears r. station, and 11 W by S of Carmarthen. Post town, St. Clears. Acres, 3,270. Real property, £2,556. Pop., 378. Houses, 79. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Va1ue, £80. Patron,G. Philips, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Cynin.

Llangynin through time

Llangynin is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangynin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangynin in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6455

Date accessed: 20th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangynin ".