Place:


Stodmarsh  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stodmarsh like this:

STODMARSH, a parish in Bridge district, Kent; 1¾ mile SW of Grove-Ferry r. station, and 4½ ENE of Canterbury. Post town, Canterbury. Acres, 695. Real property, £1,528. Pop., 145. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The living is a donative, exempt from visitation. Value, £128. Patron, the Archdeacon of Canterbury. The church is good.

Stodmarsh through time

Stodmarsh is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stodmarsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stodmarsh, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6416

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stodmarsh ".