Place:


Llangristiolus  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangristiolus like this:

LLANGRISTIOLUS, a parish in the district and county of Anglesey; on the Anglesey Central railway, 1½ mile S of Llangefni. Post town, Llangefni, Anglesey. Acres, 3,936. Real property, £4,003. Pop., 881. Houses, 212. The property is subdivided. Coal and building-stone are found. The living is a rectory, united with the p. ...


curacy of Cerregceinwen, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, not reported.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Cristiolus; was built on the site of one erected in 610; and is good. The charities consist chiefly of poors' cottages. Maurice, the Margaret professor of Divinity, was a native.

Llangristiolus through time

Llangristiolus is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangristiolus itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangristiolus in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6410

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangristiolus ".