Place:


Staple  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staple like this:

STAPLE, a parish, with a village, in Eastry district, Kent; 2 miles ESE of Wingham, and 3 NE of Adisham r. station. It has a fair on 25 July; and its Post town is Wingham, under Sandwich. Acres, 1,009. Real property, £3,341. Pop., 520. Houses, 115. There are market-gardens. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £600.* Patron, the Archbishop ofThe church was repaired in 1847. There is a Baptist chapel.

Staple through time

Staple is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Staple itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staple, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6409

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Staple ".