Place:


Stansted  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stansted like this:

STANSTEAD, a parish, with S. village and Fairseat hamlet, in Malling district, Kent; 5 miles SW by S of Meopham r. station, and 7 NE of Sevenoaks. Post town, Sevenoaks. Acres, 1,956. Real property, £2,371. Pop., 403. Houses, 73. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £400.* Patron, the Archbishop ofThe church is good; and there is a parochial school.

Stansted through time

Stansted is now part of Tonbridge and Malling district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tonbridge and Malling has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stansted itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stansted, in Tonbridge and Malling and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6408

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stansted ".