Place:


Llangeinwen  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangeinwen like this:

LLANGEINWEN, a parish in the district of Carnarvon and county of Anglesey; on the river Brain and on the coast, near the Menai ferry, 3 miles WN W of Carnarvon, and 4¾ SW of Gaerwen-Junction r. station. Post town, Carnarvon. Acres, 5,388; of which 900 are water. Real property, £4,261. ...


Pop., 913. Houses, 221. The property is much subdivided. Limestone is quarried. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Llangaffo, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £664. Patron, the Rev. W. Williams. The church is dedicated to St. Ceinwen, and was enlarged in 1842. There a re chapels for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists.

Llangeinwen through time

Llangeinwen is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangeinwen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangeinwen in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6382

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangeinwen ".