Place:


Llangedwyn  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangedwyn like this:

LLANGEDWYN, a township and a parish in the district of Llanfyllin and county of Denbigh. The township lies on the river Tanat, at the boundary with Montgoinery, 3 miles N of Llanfechan r. station, and 4¼ NE of Llanfyllin; and has a post office ‡ under Oswestry. -The parish contains also the township of Scrwgan, and comprises 1,627 acres. ...


Rated property, £2,146. Pop., 297. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. Llangedwyn Hall is a seat of Sir W. W. Wyun, Bart. Slate is quarried. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £130. Patron, Sir W. W. Wynn, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Cedwyn, and is tolerable. Charities, £13.

Llangedwyn through time

Llangedwyn is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangedwyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangedwyn, in Powys and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6381

Date accessed: 25th May 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangedwyn ".