Place:


Llangasty Tal Y Llyn  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangasty Tal Y Llyn like this:

LLANGASTY-TALYLLYN, a parish in the district and county of Brecon; on the romantic lake of Llangorse, under the Brecknock Beacons, 5½ miles SE by E of Brecon r. station. Post town, Brecon. Acres, 2,119. Real property, £1,833. Pop., 200. Houses, 34. The manor belongs to the Crespignys. An ancient camp is at Alltyr-Esgair, and commands a fine view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £207. Patron, the Ven. R. W. P. Davis. The church is dedicated to St. Gastyn, was recently restored, is a handsome small edifice, and has a fine peal of bells.

Llangasty Tal Y Llyn through time

Llangasty Tal Y Llyn is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangasty Tal Y Llyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangasty Tal Y Llyn, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6375

Date accessed: 23rd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangasty Tal Y Llyn ".