Place:


Llanganten  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanganten like this:

LLANGANTEN, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; on the river Whevri, an affluent of the Irvon, 2½ miles W by N of Builth town and r. station. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 2,258. Real property, £1,085. Pop., 159. Houses, 27. Llewelyn was slain and buried in the neighbourhood. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £64. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Canten or Catherine. Charities, £5.

Llanganten through time

Llanganten is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanganten itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanganten, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6372

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanganten ".