Place:


Llan Gain  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Gain like this:

LLANGAIN, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Carmarthen; on the river Towy, 3½ miles S by W of Carmarthen r. station. Post town, Carmarthen. Acres, 2,660. Real property, £2,288. Pop., 393. Houses, 84. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £85. Patron, F. Bludworth, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Synin, and is good.

Llan Gain through time

Llan Gain is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llan Gain itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Gain in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6368

Date accessed: 20th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llan Gain ".