Place:


Llangaffo  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangaffo like this:

LLANGAFFO, a parish in the district of Carnarvon and county of Anglesey; on the Chester and Holyhead railway, 2 miles WSW of Gaerwen-Junction r. station and 4½ S by W of Llangefni. Post town, Gaerwen, under Bangor. Acres, 1,590. Real property, £2,032; of which £600 are in mines. ...


Pop., 122. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. Bodwyr was a mansion of the 16th century, but is now reduced to slight remains. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llangeinwen, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Caffo, was rebuilt in 1845, and has a fine spire. There is an ancient cross. Charities, £4.

Llangaffo through time

Llangaffo is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangaffo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangaffo in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6367

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangaffo ".