Place:


Llangadwaladr  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangadwaladr like this:

LLANCADWALLADR, a parish in the district of Llanfyllin and county of Denbigh; on the river Ceiriog, near the boundary with Salop, 7 miles N by W of Oswestry r. station. Post town, Oswestry. Acres, 2,792. Real property, not separately returned. Pop., 223. Houses, 41. The surface is hilly and mountainous. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £55. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph.

Llangadwaladr through time

Llangadwaladr is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangadwaladr itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangadwaladr, in Powys and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6366

Date accessed: 24th February 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangadwaladr ".