Place:


Milstead  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milstead like this:

MILSTEAD, a village and a parish in Milton district, Kent. The village stands 3½ miles S of Sittingbourne r. station, and has a post office under Sittingbourne. The parish comprises 1,216 acres. Real property, £1,626. Pop., 245. Houses, 43. The property is subdivided. The manor, with the Manor House, belongs to Rev. William Tvlden. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £250.* Patron, the Rev. H. Hilton. The church is mainly early English, includes transition Norman portions, and is in good condition. Charities, £25.

Milstead through time

Milstead is now part of Swale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milstead, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6361

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milstead ".